This week, I’ve started up the Cloud Watch section of Elemental Cloud Computing. Cloud Watch items are snippets from cloud computing industry news, business and technical publications, and thought leaders. These snippets may be as short as a 140-character tweet, or as long as a few paragraphs. Cloud Watch items will be posted throughout the course of the day, and may be expanded as more voices and sources cover a hot topic. Cloud Watch items may include a short Elemental Cloud Computing perspective.
The opening cloud watch items are a mix of business and economics, and data, contracts and legal issues:
- Bessemer’s 8th of Cloud Computing and SaaS: Leverage and monetize the data asset
- Workload Metrics: Business Transactions per Kilowatt?
- Microsoft Exec: Customers Embracing "Cloud Computing" <– But whose?
- GigaOm: 10 Open Source Resources for Cloud Computing
- Lawyers, Clouds and Warrants
- McKinsey to CIOs in ‘New Normal’: Rethink Procurement…
- Irving Wladawsky-Berger: Cloud Computing is Relevant for (mostly) everyone
- Joyent is First in China: Launches Commercial Cloud Computing Platform
From Elemental Cloud Computing, there several ways to follow the cloud watch. The Current Cloud Watch section on the homepage, the Cloud Watch tab of the Recent Posts navigation element in the sidebar, the Cloud Watch tab of the site navigation, via the Cloud Watch or Full Site feeds and email, and on Twitter.